You will be required to undertake a wide range of office-based functions to support administration requirements for sourcing, developing and purchasing household textiles from Southern Asia and the Far East.
This will involve supporting an internal team for effective management of a wide range of suppliers in Pakistan, China, India, Bangladesh and others to help ensure the smooth running of the Department, purchasing and supply chain process. Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
· To correspond daily with the senior administrator to progress the development of product, maintenance of an excel based cost price database and handle receipt/placement of purchase orders.
· Monitoring and tracking of new product developments for pricing and sampling, including maintenance of an excel based critical path
· Attending pre-production meetings and contributing product data relevant to your supplier base.
· Tracking and recording of price negotiations and production of statistical reports.
· Collating and distributing supply chain information to the business, such as weekly shipment lists, invoice and packing details, relevant market place data.
· Liaise with Imports Dept on movement, tracking and consolidation of containers, shipments and Letters of Credit.
· Arranging, monitoring and receipting of overseas courier parcels Key Competencies:
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to work autonomously and under pressure, to prioritise own workload.
· Excellent communication skills to work in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
· Articulate with excellent command of both oral and written English to efficiently and clearly correspond.