We have a fantastic opportunity for a Garment Technologist to join a large reputable fashion house.
This person must have established technical knowledge across multi product and will have worked for a fashion supplier or retail head office.
Main Responsibilities will include:
• Advise key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of samples.
• Measure and fit all samples during the development process in collaboration with the Knitwear Designer.
• Update each style with comprehensive fit comments providing detailed technical instructions to suppliers.
• Managing, working towards and updating the critical path from proto sample to bulk production.
• Fitting and approval of bulk sealing samples, preparing graded size charts for production.
• Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving wash care instructions.
• Strong technical knowledge of knitwear, garment fitting and construction.
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
• The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources.
• Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results.
• Keen eye for detail and team player.
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook