We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading fashion trend setter in the e-tail market.
If you are currently working in a buying role looking to take the next step into an Assistant Buyer role or if you are currently working as an assistant buyer and looking for a new challenge - this is a great role for you!
- The role will involve:
Developing new product alone & with the design team managing their workload & ensuring all projects are completed in line with all critical path key dates.
- Using appropriate suppliers in line with the brand and department strategy
- Finalises key product to be booked for sign off by the senior merch and head of department
- Follow up on all development with suppliers & make any required amends
- Manage the Buying Assistant & Designers to fit all products on time to sign off with factories
- Constant analysis of anything missing from developed ranges
- Delegates responsibility to Buying Assistant and develops their skills.
- Keep team informed and up to date on key issues/ projects
- Ensure all development & Range plans are up to date.
- Builds effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Constant development research & fabric sourcing with suppliers
- Negotiate all pricing with suppliers for both Retail & Wholesale departments
- Provide the senior Merchandiser & Wholesale team all relevant pricing information in a timely manner
- Action any development requests from clients with factories & chase all samples in on time
- FE travel
Key Experience, Skills & Abilities
- An understanding of key footwear trends and knowledge of the High Street, bringing new, well thought out ideas to contribute to the Buying process
- Having a strong fashion eye is essential
- Good problem-solving skills and can take initiative to resolve issues
- The ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- The capability to take responsibility and make decisions
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Manage time effectively by setting and achieving priorities and timescales
- Strong relationship building qualities