We have a fantastic new Product Developer/Buyer role for a leading reputable homeware/soft consumer goods company!
You will be responsible for interpreting customers and own brand seasonal trends and visions into the finished product. Working across Beauty and skincare and Nutritional products.
Main Responsibilities will include:
• Understanding and interpreting customer and own brand vision and translating this from initial concept through to finished product.
• Act as the technical partner for design, providing feedback on technical feasibility, brainstorming ideas and solutions to ensure the design vision is translated into useable product.
• Build and manage the critical path from concept to production with design and manufacturers.
• Ensure deadlines are adhered to and follow up on all prototype/sample issues to resolve and drive to completion. Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stage.
• Able to build and manage a budget with commercial awareness and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications throughout the product development process.
• Manage all supplier relationships, working with manufacturers to negotiate and calculate costs for prototypes, samples and production runs.
• Order prototypes and sampling raw materials directly from manufacturer.
The ideal Candidate:
Ideally 2-3 years demonstrated experience in a similar product development or buying role.
• Computer literate, comfortable working on Excel & Design software
• In depth knowledge of the homewares market and products in relevant category - knowledge of trends.