June 25, 2022
July 25, 2022
We are recruiting a Buyer across textiles for a leading on line retailer.
The role is responsible for the sourcing and development of new products for the Home Furnishings category for
both branded and developing/planning ranges.
This will include extending current product ranges - Curtains, Cushions & Throws and sourcing new
product categories which are relevant and complement existing Home Furnishings range.
- Sourcing and development of Home Furnishings, soft textiles
- Analyse the market, competitors, and consumer trends, identifying new product opportunities which enhance the existing product portfolio
- Develop Good/Better/Best strategy across the brand portfolio, ensuring clear price architecture.
- Ensure sustainability is at the forefront of all sourcing decisions were practical, looking for new innovative ways to extend our sustainable product offer.
- Work collaboratively with Design and Commercial team to ensure strong range build, to develop a strategic, innovative product offer aligned to the Brand and Marketing strategy.
- Work with Senior Buyer, Commercial and Buying team from sourcing to selection ensuring a smooth transition of selected products into production.
- Liaising with Quality to ensure quality standards are met.
- Negotiate with Suppliers to achieve commercial targets
- Manage and develop agent and supplier relationships, working with Design, Production and Quality to ensure correct product design specification and supply chain compliance.
- Work closely with Design team to innovate
- Be readily available to make international factory visits, routinely planned to support customer selection calendars.
- Support Senior Buyer to effectively communicate new product development to the rest of the business