A truly fantastic opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer/Creative Branding Designer to join this leading Internationally recognised company.
Working within their established in-house design team and working across several well-known homeware brands, you will be a major part of the design and branding team, working on and having some fantastic autonomy over projects, leading initial innovation and idea development, creative communication with Director level and Design Managers.
This is a hugely important role within the company - and the chosen candidate will have a chance to make a huge impact on the future of several retail homeware new branding concepts.
As the Senior Graphic Designer/Creative Branding Designer, you’ll have the opportunity to stamp your mark on each brand working across both digital and print and art direction.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate, creative and highly skilled individual whose portfolio is bursting with graphic and branding design of the very highest calibre. Seldom do opportunities offer this level of creativity and the opportunity to take a key lead position within a very successful homeware retailer.
Design concepts will include product packaging, marketing materials and other product related materials. You will also be required to assist in all other aspects of the design workload when directed.
- Creating, developing and researching design concepts and branding to suit specific homeware brands
- Research and understand current trends
- Work closely with Director and Design Manager on branding projects that range from brand strategy, identity creation, print and digital design concepts
- Work on creative briefs from initial concepts to final completion – hand over to team members to carry out innovation ideas and creative your vision
- Lead design briefs independently with the support from very senior levels
- A strong knowledge of market research, consumer behaviours, brand management and direct marketing.
- Skills in conceptual thinking, critical analysis, idea generation and creative problem solving.
- Be comfortable presenting creative ideas internally and externally
- Be a team player
- Have an inquisitive nature
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Degree/diploma in Graphic Design (3+ year program)
- Extensive professional design experience and some experience in lead designer role demonstrating specialized knowledge of professional graphic design standards and techniques
- Have extensive branding and re-branding knowledge and experience
- Proven knowledge of online/digital graphics techniques
- Bring fresh ideas, inspiration and motivation to those around them and the business in general
- Have considered, in-depth knowledge of communication hierarchies and customer journeys
- Experience in using illustrator and Photoshop
- Both Mac and PC literate to a high standard.
- A good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign (CS5 or above) are essential and any other industry packages would be beneficial.