Our client is a leading branded company who has a fantastic opportunity to join their Technology team as a Fabric/Textiles Technologist. The client will also consider a candidate who has worked in the apparel and footwear industry if they have sound fabric or textile knowledge which can be adapted for the role.
The role will involve overseeing the evaluation and approval of the textile products across the branded areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that all products at made to honour the customers purpose and are safe to use.
- To ensure that the critical path timelines is adhered to and good are in store on time
- To strengthen the technical and ethical capabilities of our suppliers.
- To ensure that the development of Technical and Ethical Standards is adhere to
- To ensure customer safety will never be compromised
- Managing fabric testing and ensure the technical documentation is complete
- Working closely with the Merchandisers and Buyers to make sure that the technical tasks are completed in line with the critical path
Requirements of the role
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Broad understanding of product categories & construction, with knowledge of relevant retailing & manufacturing requirements
- Knowledge of appropriate risk assessment, safety standards & legal requirements
- A self starter & able to work with minimal supervision
- A good team player with excellent time management skills
- Keep up to date with safety & legal requirements, advising Lead Technologist/Head of Product Technology of new developments
- Experience of working with soft goods