We are currently recruiting on behalf of a very successful branded retailer and casual wear company who are currently looking for a Product Developer to join the head office team.
Our client has a very well established presence in the lifestyle market producing quality apparel and footwear.
This is a 12 month contract which may lead to permanent.
The successful candidate will join a lovely team with a friendly culture and emphasis on producing quality products.
The job will involve:
- Creating accurate and detailed specifications, updating as necessary through from initial samples through to gold seals
- You will review the fit on all samples with agreement from Senior Product Developer & Product Development Manager, amending as necessary
- You will work to corporate calendar dates relevant to products
- You will consider product construction when creating specifications to ensure construction will give the best quality.
- You will liaise with factories and designers to test and trial new technologies or constructions to ensure designs are workable at the beginning of the development process through to bulk
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has:
- The minimum of two years experience in a technical or development role
- Some knowledge and experience of fitting garments/products
- Knowledge of garment construction.
- Experience of working with designers and understanding design needs.
- Experience of working closely with factories to ensure quality and social compliance is to the high standardrequired.
- Proven track record within product development and/or garment technology environment.Experience of delivering excellent quality merchandise from offshore supplier base
Due to the high number of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.