Our client is a leading branded company who are looking to expand their home textile design team.
They own their own brands as well as supplying to some exciting fashion forward retailers on homewares such as New Look, River island, Debenhams and John Lewis.
This role involves developing and designing new innovations in textiles for the home. The role will consider textile designers as well as print designers who have a fashion background and have transferable skills.
You will work closely with customer accounts and develop new innovations across textile and print.
This is a highly creative role which will involve identifying new textile and print innovations, creating ranges in line with customer requirements and ensuring the brand is at the forefront of tends.
- You will be responsible for creating initial designs and developing commercial and comprehensive home textile ranges ranges, working closely with the buyer to interpret key new season trends.
- Complete autonomy to focus on new trends and developing into product
- You will be involved in creating the first stage designs and work with new sourced fabrics
- Shop research, updating trends, colour and fabric information
- Competitive shopping trips in UK and abroad
- Far East travel will be required to visit factories and ensue product is developing as required
This is a fantastic role for an established creative/textile/print designer who is looking for an innovative exciting opportunity within respected company who can offer career progression.
- Computer work on AVA/ photoshop interpreting hand drawn designs in CAD is preferred but not essential
- strong CAD skills are required