A truly fantastic opportunity to join a leading branded company to work in their state of the art Technical studio.
Working as an established Textile/Product Technologist, you will be involved in the textile technical development and innovation for home textiles for trend lead high homeware products supplying to customers such as New Look, River Island, Debenhams and John Lewis as well as owning their own leading homeware brands.
(They will consider fabric and product technologists who have worked on fashion textiles).
- You will develop new innovations in textiles, and be at the forefront of trend lead fashions in homewares.
- You will ensure the quality and continuity of fabrics is in line with customer requirements and own brands
- Ensuring continuity of core fabric qualities across all areas of the business
- Create product tech packs
- You will Liaising with customers, overseas offices and factories throughout the fabric approval process for both seasonal and new fabric submissions.
- Working directly with the design department and develops to ensure fabrics are approved in accordance with customer requirements and critical path.
- You will solve any fabric issues which may cutie delivery delays
- Approval lab dips, bulk fabrics etc
- Working closely with mills and factories to make sure all fabrics used are correct
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2:1 in a relevant Textiles or fashion degree
- Previous experience within an apparel or homewares industry
- Knowledge of technical specs
- Testing experience would be an advantage
- Great MS office skills
- Team player
- Analytical & problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised, efficient and delivery focused